Upcoming training and learning opportunities
Workshop: Culturally Responsive Practice
Tuesday, October 23 | 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
This workshop identify key aspects of building a workplace culture where all individuals feel welcome to bring their full selves to the workplace. The goal of the workshop is to develop the skills and techniques to engage diverse stakeholders from an anti-oppressive lens. The workshop will also explore the ways we voluntarily and involuntarily display identity, power and privilege In this workshop, participants will:
- Introduce key components of culturally responsive practice, diversity, inclusion and identity
- Examine models of culturally responsive practice in the nonprofit sector
- Create a space for participants to develop two ideas to enhance the culturally responsive practice at their organizations
Workshop: Community Engagement and Impact
Thursday, October 25 | 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
This workshop will focus on the importance of community engagement and leveraging nonprofit resources to create positive social change. Participants will engage in a community mapping exercise that will help them understand the assets and challenges of the communities they serve.
The workshop will also examine the quantitative and qualitative ways of measuring community engagement to evaluate program impact.
- Enhance the participants knowledge of community engagement strategies and tools for measuring impact
- Examine models of effective community engagement in the nonprofit sector
- Create a community asset map to identify the key stakeholders and resources the organization can leverage to engage the community
Workshop: Building School and Community Partnerships
Tuesday, November 6 | 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
This workshop will focus on the skills needed to build and maintain sustainable partnerships with Community Based Organizations(CBOs). Participants will also learn the marketing, and communications skills needed to build better relationships between schools, local businesses and community partners.
The workshop will explore the barriers to success in creating sustainable partnerships and review best practices for partnership development. The goal of this workshop is to help participants create a Community Engagement Action Plan that will help their organizations have a deeper community impact and bolster program visibility.
- Enhance the participants knowledge of community collaboration strategies and partnership building
- Examine models of successful school and community partnerships
- Create a Community Engagement Action Plan containing two partnership goals for each organization
Workshop: Crisis Conversations
Thursday, November 8 | 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Crisis is a common and integral aspect of life. While we all experience crisis, how we cope has a significant impact on our lives. This workshop is designed for helping professionals (case managers, social workers, educators) who support and/or manage adults who are providing direct service (mentors, other caseworkers, service-providers).
Participants will leave the session with the skills and awareness necessary to fortify adults in the acute and long-term support of processing trauma, establishing new coping strategies, and reinforcing the support system of young people.
- Gain a deeper understanding of trauma and/or crisis, including
- Explore and experience a variety of applicable intervention tools and methods, in order to leave equipped with a “toolkit” of interventions that are easy to remember and simple to implement
Webinar: Program Planning and
Tuesday, November 27 | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Launching successful programs starts with effective strategic design and planning. In this course, educators will learn best practices for curriculum design and effective planning, which lead to robust and strong programs.
By starting with solid goals, we will tackle how to backwards plan, cascade goals through the project, make contingency plans, utilize rapid feedback and measure outcomes for your next program.
Workshop: Social Emotional Learning 2.0
Tuesday, December 11 | 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
This workshop is designed for participants who have taken SEL 1.0 and wish to learn more about implementation. In this session, we will highlight the key features of successful SEL programming and examine common challenges to application.
Participants will examine how to adapt SEL principles to formal and informal learning contexts. Through reflection, mock planning and group work, this class will give attendees opportunities to engage with the content and problem solve challenges.
Workshop: Managers vs. Leaders:
A Reflective Conversation
Thursday, December 6 | 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
This training seeks to educate and empower leaders and aspiring leaders as they perfect their skills and provide guidance and support to others within the field. This training provides a distinction between managers and leaders and shares those skills needed for effective leadership and positive outcomes.
- Share the popular beliefs regarding managers and leaders
- Identify key skills needed for effective leadership
- Highlight tools used by effective leaders and potential outcomes
- Identify how effective leadership is in accordance with high levels of Emotional Intelligence
Workshop: Strength-Based Approach when serving Individuals, Youth and
Thursday, December 13 | 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
This training focuses on the best ways to serve and support clients utilizing a strength-based approach in their daily practice.
- Understanding behavior(s) as an expression of unmet needs
- Components of the Strength-Based Approach
- Ways to identify and focus on the "preferred self"
- Review and Practice Empathic Listening and Compassionate Communication
- Pulse Check: As practitioners how do we avoid the pitfalls of becoming judgmental when serving others?T
- Takeaways and Best Practices