As a former Big or Little, we truly value the powerful mentoring experiences, insights, wisdom and advice you can share with others. We invite all Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City Alumni to join the Bigs Alumni Program, join the Littles Alumni Program and support us.
SHARE A STORY
If you have an amazing story about the time you spent while you were matched we would love to hear about it! We know we have many Bigs & Littles who have benefited from the Power of Mentoring and we plan on sharing these stories with the world. If you have an amazing story or you are still connected to your Little please email: email@example.com
LITTLES ALUMNI PROGRAM
The Littles Alumni Program is a new initiative sponsored by Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC to establish a lifelong connection with all of our Littles who come through the program. This program along with its communications strategy was designed through a consulting engagement project with American Express & Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC. This first-of-its-kind program will engage Littles beyond the match closure by offering additional opportunities and resources. Resources will include programming supported by our new Education Initiative that cover ACT/SAT and college prep courses, high school and college application support, and English and Math remediation. The agency will also provide opportunities for internships, scholarships and resources on colleges, trade schools, and career advancement.
WAYS TO STAY CONNECTED
- Join our Facebook Group: BBBSNYC Alumni Littles
- Attend additional educational programming in order to help you excel better in school
- Become a champion for Big Brothers Big Sisters by sharing your story
- Attend our annual Networking Hour & Career Panel to meet Bigs from several industries
- Complete necessary community service hours during our Community Service Week
- Get directly involved in the creation and development of programming to be offered through our Littles Alumni Program
- Become A Big! (21 years of age or older)
Bigs Alumni Program:
The Bigs Alumni Program is designed for former Bigs to stay connected to Big Brothers Big Sisters. We know that life is forever changing, but we do offer ways you can stay connected even if you can no longer mentor in our Traditional or Workplace program. We offer opportunities for you to even stay connected with your little, and continued resources to help them achieve success in life.
Ways to Stay Connected
- Share your experience as a Big with a room full of potential Bigs at one of our volunteer trainings
- Join our Race for the Kids team by walking in our annual 5K, and helping us reach our fundraising goal
- Share your career experience with our littles at our annual Alumni Networking Hour & Career Panel
- Volunteer at some of our annual agency events
- Support your former littles educational goals by encouraging them to attend our educational events
- Refer volunteers to serve as Bigs for some great incentives
- Get re-matched and become A Big again
Support BBBS of NYC:
Help our Littles:
Do you or your employer offer internships, jobs or scholarships suitable for our Littles? Please contact us.
Increase our Corporate Support:
Help the agency grow and expand its services by reaching out to employers and corporate contacts about supporting BBBS of NYC through cause marketing partnerships, corporate sponsorships, workplace mentoring programs and other fundraising initiatives. To discuss possible opportunities, please contact us.