Professional Development Workshop Series
With the vision that all children achieve success, Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City is committed to empowering other local agencies and organizations that are also providing a positive impact in the lives of children. The Professional Development Workshop Series (PDWS) is a catalog of low-cost workshops offered to youth development professionals. Sessions are offered to assist organizations in developing, expanding, and improving their skills and enhancing organizational capacity. Sessions are taught by both Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City staff and other industry leaders.
Call for Workshop Facilitators
Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City is looking for talented and engaging workshop presenters to facilitate in-person and webinar workshops for the Professional Development Workshop Series (PDWS). Each presenter will work with Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City as an independent consultant supporting the Center for Training in its execution of the PDWS.
The Center for Training is seeking facilitators to address topics relevant to non-profit professionals and youth development organizations. These topics will be facilitated in either traditional classroom-style or webinar format. Areas of focus may include but are not limited to:
- Supporting and empowering immigrant youth
- Crisis intervention
- Curriculum and program planning
- Academic support outside of school
- Other nonprofit professional skills
- Proven success in interactive workshop facilitation
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Proven ability to motivate and engage an audience
- Experience facilitating webinar-style workshops (if facilitating in webinar format)
- Ability to reach an audience with a diverse exposure to working with you ("train-the-trainer" model, direct service, case managers, director-level, etc.)
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and relevant workshop materials to firstname.lastname@example.org