Customized Training For Corporate & Community-Based Organizations
Since 1992, our Center for Training and Professional Development has provided training and technical assistance to help corporate and community-based organizations address program challenges and develop innovative approaches that enhanced existing or developing mentoring programs.
In-person, over the phone, or by written consultations, we’re ready to provide free advice and resources to help with issues organizations may face when dealing with mentoring programs, including:
- Review and feedback of program policies/procedures or grant proposals
- Discussion and clarification of a program’s mission, goals, and ways to evaluate progress toward reaching those goals
- Provision of resources about recruiting and screening volunteers
- Tips on managing volunteers, youth, and families
With this fee-based service, we can develop and facilitate customized training for other organizations’ volunteers and/or staff. Training topics include:
- Exploring the role of the volunteer
- Relationship building with youth
- Communication skills
- Youth development
- Managing cultural diversity
- Training the trainer
- Other programmatic issues
For more information on receiving Technical Assistance or to set up Customized Training, please contact the Center for Training.